Michael Hyatt. I was first introduced to him back in 2003 when Dave Ramsey was in negotiations with Thomas Nelson on his Total Money Makeover book. I still remember the day we went over to Thomas Nelson to do the book contest pitch. Dave had brought in one of his friends, Ron Sorbo (link 1 , link 2), to play the steel drums while Dave and Michael discussed the concept the Total Money Makeover contest…$50,000 and a trip to Cancun if I recall correctly. Well that was 2003, and now Michael Hyatt has become a power users of blogs and social media…possibly the leader in the world of book publishing executives.
So why am I mentioned Michael Hyatt? A friend forwarded something from Michael’s blog to me this week. It was a good post, so here it is. Three Common Mistakes New Leaders Make (And How to Avoid Them)
Brief Excerpt on Tips for New Leaders
- What are the key outcomes that will make this year successful for you and your team?
- What kind of support would you like to see from me and my team to support your success?
- What is working well that my team should keep doing?
- What would you like to see my team start doing or stop doing to be more effective?
- What do I need to know about your expectations that people are unlikely to tell me?
Michael’s blog ranks as 17,369 among US websites. 83,000 Twitter followers. Wow!