Whether you’re living paycheck to paycheck or you’re doing pretty well with your money, it’s important to learn more about how to manage your money and how to put it to work for you. Too many of us are caught in the work, earn, and consume money model. Why? Because we haven’t taken the time or put in the effort to “get money smart.” Getting Money Smart is one of the first steps towards a better financial future. Even if you’re doing well with you money, you should keep working to become even smarter about your finances.
If you want to get your money in order and put your financial future on the right track, then you need to “get money smart.” Getting money smart means learning everything you can about money. Fortunately, there are plenty of resources to help you. Getting money smart will help you build wealth.
How Do You Get Money Smart?
So how do you get money smart? Well, much like when you went to school, you have to study. Only this time, you’ll have to do a self study or connect with one of the many financial gurus like Dave Ramsey, Ramit Sethi, Tony Robbins, T. Harv Eker, and others. Either way, it takes commitment. If you want to build the best possible financial future for yourself and your family, you have to work at it. First you have to learn. Then you have to apply what you’ve learned. If you do both of those things long enough and consistently enough, you will reshape your financial future.
Great Personal Finance Books
Make it a goal to read these top personal finance and wealth building books over the next 12 months.
- The Millionaire Choice by Tony Bradshaw (Available November 13)
- God and Money by John Cortines and Gregory Baumer
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi
- Money: What Financial Experts will Never Tell You by Alan Williams and Peter Jeppson
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker
- The Millionaire Next Doorby Thomas Stanley and William Danko
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George Clason
- The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
- Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill
- The Automatic Millionaire: A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich by David Back
Great Personal Finance Podcasts
- Millionaire Coaching (iTunes 4 Stars)
- 8 Minute Millionaire (iTunes 5 Stars)
- Eventual Millionaire (iTunes 4.5 Stars)
- Bigger Pockets Podcast (iTunes 5 Stars)
- The Dave Ramsey Show (iTunes 4.5 Stars)
- The Disciplined Investor (iTunes 4.5 Stars)
- Like a Mother (iTunes 5 Stars)
- Epic Real Estate Investing (iTunes 5 Stars)
- Freakanomics Radio (4.5 Stars)
- Money Girl’s Quick and Dirty Tips for a Richer Life (iTunes 4.5 Stars)
- Motley Fool Money (iTunes 4.5 Stars)
- Rich Dad Radio Show (iTunes 4 Stars)
- Smart Passive Income (iTunes 4 Stars)
- So Money with Farnoosh Torabi (iTunes 5 Stars)
- The Truth About Money (iTunes 4 Stars)
- Stacking Benjamins (iTunes 5 Stars)
Great Personal Finance Seminars
- Tony Robbins Life and Wealth Experience
- Dave Ramsey Smart Money Event
- T Harv Eker Millionaire Mind Intensive
Great Personal Finance Sites
- The Millionaire Choice
- The Penny Hoarder
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich
- Good Financial Cents
- 20, 30, 40 Year $10,000 Investments @ 10% Charts PDF
- 20, 30, 40 Year $10,000 Investments @ 10% Excel Spreadsheet
- Debt Snowball Calculator at FinancialMentor.com
- Investing calculator at Bankrate.com
- Investing calculator at SmartAsset.com
You now have access to all the money knowledge you need. You just have to take the time and have the discipline to learn and put into action. What will your plan be? Put some habits in place today and watch how quickly things can change. Don’t delay.
4 Steps to Get Money Smart
- Read one financial book every 3 months for the next 12 months.
- Subscribe to 3 money podcasts. Listen to 1 episode per day, hopefully while exercising.
- Attend 1 personal finance and wealth building seminar in the next 12 months.
- Spend some time on a few of the top personal finance websites. Build a habit of reading 1 financial article per day.
Once you’re on the right track, don’t keep this information to yourself. Take the time to pass this along to someone you know. You can make a difference. Share with a Friend